Finally, finally the brutal and endless winter seems to be behind us and nature seems to be making up for lost time around here.
The kids were delighted to see flowers sprouting in the front yard.
For the first six years we lived here, every spring the pointy green leaves of this plant would show up but it never bloomed. I was annoyed at how ugly and consistent it was. Then this year: Tulips!
And a toddler to immediately try to destroy them!
Colin is super interested in the flowers. He's been giving me a daily update on when the buds arrived, when they were opening, what color they were. Little botanist.
(how big is he getting?!)
Also every year since we've moved here, I have taken out this purple wreath in the spring time, and immediately (I mean, within the day) this couple of brown birds builds a nest in it, lays eggs, and hatches babies. This year I was late getting it up but they still showed up. I hate the thought of the poor lady bird 9 months bird pregnant wondering where the heck I was at with this thing. Ha! So every time we open the front door or go on the porch we are dive bombed and yelled at by her. I don't care. I kind of like her. We're in this together.
Our tree erupted overnight into beautiful (bee-attracting, allergy-inducing) blooms.
Hope you don't mind all the nature pics. I got a new camera! Anyway, back to the kids…
This one is getting a molar and is mad at the world.. so she got her first popsicle yesterday. Rating: "mmmm."
And we opened up the sandbox this weekend - Charlotte's first time and she LOVED it. Glad to see the kiddos with their toes in the sand having fun outdoors again.





No comments:
Post a Comment