Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, April 14, 2014

neighborhood easter pre-party

Our neighborhood had its annual easter egg hunt this weekend and the kids had lots of fun.  We got lucky with a beautiful day (it's going to snow today) and they put on a great event.

The easter bunny was there.  Colin was too afraid to go near him.  Though I was disappointed at the time, now that I look at this super creepy picture of the bunny looking at Charlotte like lunch, I kind of get where he was coming from.  I, of course, am oblivious.


There were so many kids there.. when they said "go!" it was absolute chaos.. this is only about 1/4 of the field.  As you can see, Colin was quite a bit faster out of the gate than Mike.  


Charlotte had zero interest in getting out and finding eggs, even though they had a special "babies" area. 

"No thanks.  I'm so over eggs."


Inspecting his haul.  He was delighted to discover there was candy in the eggs.






He even let Charlotte hold one of his (empty) eggs.  


In addition to the candy, they were serving donuts.  Colin's personal paradise.  


They had two bounce houses there, so once he was jacked up on donuts and candy, we didn't see him again for half an hour.


Post-party goodie inspection.  He let Charlotte have the "girl" eggs and he kept the blue and white.  Chivalry.


No comments: