Colin had his first swimming lesson this weekend and I'm proud to say he did great! I was worried because for weeks he'd throw a fit at any mention of "swim lessons." And I have to say, some of my earliest memories are of being terrified to get in the pool at the Y and throwing tantrums about going to swim lessons... so I kind of understood the poor kid's terror. But, we felt like it was so important to get him in to lessons. I'm glad my parents forced me into it... I'm certainly not the best swimmer in the world, but I can keep myself alive in the water, which is my basic goal for him ... so we pushed through it and made him go. So glad we did!
Mike said as soon as he got there, he was Mr. Charmer, yelling to Mike in the stands, laughing and having a great time - even jumping in the water right away!
Here's our little Pike learning to kick! Hopefully he continues to enjoy it!


No comments:
Post a Comment