I didn't know that the school was teaching him sign language, but we started figuring out that every time we would say "more" or "all done", he'd start doing signs. I worked with him on "more" and now he's doing that one really well (this weekend I was eating a cookie and he came up with his big serious blue eyes and signed "more" and I just couldn't resist giving him a bite!)
More:
This is the alldone sign.. The funniest thing about this one is that he does it all the time, not just when we're eating. So if we're doing something objectionable, like trying to dress him or wash his face, suddenly he'll throw up his hands and frantically sign "all done! all done!" which is kind of funny.
I'm glad he's learning so much at school. Sometimes I am surprised by what he knows. This past week one of his toys was playing "the itsy bitsy spider." He froze and started doing the spider hand motions! So I sang him the song later and he did it again - and then clapped for me when I was done singing (that's a first in my life!). I looked at his lesson plan for the week and sure enough, there was "the itsy bitsy spider" as the song of the week. Smart boy! This weekend we also heard him utter "boo" for book a few times and "nana" for banana, as well as more "ditty" when we went to Petsmart to pet the kitties. I'm so proud of the little guy!
*I apologize for my ridiculous voice in the videos. The topic of sign language is particularly apt today as I have completely lost my voice now. And I have a hearing this afternoon! Daycare is the plague!


No comments:
Post a Comment