Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 13, 2010

what 5:30 am on a Saturday looks like

I was all excited and set to report this morning that Colin had slept through the night EVERY SINGLE NIGHT this week!! It was amazing.. for the past week straight, we got him down super fast and he slept soundly and quietly for ten hours straight, usually waking around 7 so we could get him up and ready for school at the perfect time. It was a great week.

Then Saturday morning hit.

With a 4:30 am wakeup call.

I headed up to his nursery to find that he'd wiggled sideways in his crib, was doing a crazy baby dance and was smiling at me like I was Santa Claus. It was clear there was no return to sleep for this little guy. He wasn't hungry, he didn't want to be rocked - it was playtime!



Thus, the extra-large mug of coffee for me. Did I mention I made it through seven years of higher education AND the bar exam without so much as a drop of coffee? I have a feeling when his head hits the crib at 9 tonight, I will be hitting my bed too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ugh! I wish kiddos understood weekends. Is it sad that I was really happy when I woke up this morning and saw it was 6:00 and neither of the kids were up yet?

my name is earl said...

I guess karma has struck again.