Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, March 17, 2014

mommy-colin day at the symphony

Colin and I took a fun trip to Indy yesterday for a special kids' day at the symphony.  It was so cool.  They had one room where kids could pick up and (attempt to) play violins.  Colin had a blast with this tiny Colin-sized violin....





 This is probably not proper form.  I don't know, I'm a woodwind kind of girl.


He really enjoyed plucking the strings "like a guitar."




They had another room where a bass player was playing songs and talking about his instrument.  I had to pull him out of there when he kept yelling about how "that vase is taller than my daddy!  That guy is not as tall as my daddy though!" 

Here we are waiting "patiently" for the performance to begin.  They did a good job of playing fun pieces and then telling stories and getting the kids involved in between.  He started to get a little bored by the end, but you should have seen his face light up when they started the finale - the Star Wars theme! 


Afterwards we enjoyed a little chocolate gelato in the lounge.


and we spent some time walking around and checking out the sights on the Circle.  He was in awe of the "super tall" buildings, though I was reminded that none were as tall as "that Serious Tower in Chicago."  


I love this picture.  Little guy in the big city.

Colin was also excited to see these "big letters" on the Circle.  Sorry, G. 


Though he's never been our most musically-adept child, I was hoping he'd have some interest in the cool music and the instruments, and he really did seem to enjoy the music and the fun trip to Indy.  So did I!

No comments: