Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 19, 2013

rock & roll all day / party every night

This little lady right here?  Is about to roll over from tummy to back for the first* time.


*due to the sheer speed and ease of rolling, I suspect this has been going on at daycare and they haven't told me so I'd think I saw it for the first time myself.  They're good like that. 

Here's my little gymnast rolling her way out of tummy time.  Smarty pants.



But wait!  There's more!  

Colin took about two months between rolling belly to back and back to belly.  Charlotte took about two minutes.  That's right; she rolled both ways the same day.  Since yesterday, she has been rolling herself all over the place!  Here she is showing off (and enraging herself in the meantime). 


Unfortunately, her athletic skills come with a major downside for us.  She's been sleeping about 12 hours a night, waking only once most nights, sometimes twice, and I credit her love of the swaddle for that.  But, now that she can flip on her stomach, we can't swaddle her anymore (or she'll end up on her belly without her arms to push herself up, and her head still isn't strong enough to move around).  This is a major problem. We went from decent nights' sleep to basically having a newborn waking all night.  It's going to be a rough week (or more).  But, that's what caffeine is for?

Good thing she's so cute.


No comments: