Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

story time

Colin still absolutely loves books. His teacher tells me he's the best "reader" in the class. Meaning, when it's time for story time, and the other kids are wandering around or refusing to sit still, Colin is the first one on the carpet, ready for reading! Sometimes it's hard to get him to go to bed at night because he wants to look at every single book he has (although it is a process to get to the one he wants; I often have to hold up four or five books, as he shakes his head "no" to each one, til I get to the one he wants).


One of his current favorites is "the going to bed book." There is a page that says "and somebody turns out the light" - our little smarty has the book memorized and when I get to "turns out the...." he points to the light and fills in the word "ight!" for me!


Another of Colin's favorites is "where is baby's bellybutton." This is a lift-the-flap book that points out various body parts. He (usually) anticipates what body part is coming next and will start to point his out as I start reading. Here he is on a slightly-less-attentive readthrough.



Awhile back, Colin learned the harsh lesson that dry old leaves he finds in the yard are not delicious. He spit it it out.. and ever since then, he seems to think leaves are called "pthhhhhs". He likes to point them out and name them in this book.




And finally, we have our all time favorite in this book - dogs.



I hope this love of reading sticks with him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just like his mama was! How about the Monster at the End of the Book?