Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, August 23, 2010

separation anxiety: he has it.

This is a picture of a little boy sleeping on his mom's lap yesterday, when he should have been in his crib.

This scene replayed itself last night from 1:30 to 5:30 am as well. It seems Colin has developed some separation anxiety. Although he's always been more of a daddy's boy, the past few days he's developed the awesome habit of crying whenever I leave the room. And screaming if I won't pick him up, or when I set him down. And crawling after me and crying when I leave him at daycare. And best of all, screaming when he wakes up alone in his bed, and refusing to sleep until I pick him up. Last night I indulged him b/c he is getting sick again and I felt sorry for him. I am just not cut out for the cry-it-out thing... and we've never had to do that, b/c he's always been such a good sleeper. But as I am struggling to feel human and focus on writing a trial brief this morning, I'm thinking this is going to have to change somehow.

Apparently, I'm not the only one he's attached to though. It seems Colin has a little best friend at daycare, Ryan. Colin's teacher says that Colin and Ryan are attached at the hip - they crawl around the room together, pick on the other babies together (my kid's already in a gang! awesome!), and when one of them leaves for the day, the other one cries! She said it's unusual for babies to bond like that at this age, but for whatever reason, they've made friends already. This morning I dropped Colin off and he was just grinning away at his little friend, which made it a little easier for me to slip out the door unnoticed. Perhaps Ryan would like to have a sleepover and keep Colin company tonight from 1-5 am....

No comments: