Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, August 2, 2010

first trip to the Lou

We spent the weekend in Edwardsville and Colin ventured to St. Louis for the first time (his third state, what a world traveler we have). He had a great time. We spent Saturday morning at the St. Louis Zoo - it was very cool getting to take him somewhere that I remember going when I was so small, and that Mike and I spent so much time at when I lived in St. Louis. We stopped first at Kaldi's and got coffee and people/dog watched while we waited for Aunt Zoe and Zach. It was also fun being back in my old neighborhood... but a little surreal to be at Kaldi's with a baby! We then went back to Zoe's, where he destroyed her apartment and tried to eat Grace.


hangin' at the zoo


I love Aunt Zoe!

Pics of our Zoo adventure are here: http://tinyurl.com/stlouzoo

The rest of the weekend, Colin enjoyed hanging out with his grandparents, stalking their cats, and even got to try his first bite of cupcake at the cupcakery, where we visited with Auntie Erin. We once again turned him over to his G, who got him to sleep Sat. night so we could have a nice (and much-needed) date night out. Sunday he got to meet his Auntie Emily for the first time. Poor little guy was totally overwhelmed and started crying at the massive amounts of Mitchells that greeted him at the door, but I assured him that was normal :) He was even good on the trip home - so all in all, it was a jam-packed but successful trip!

No comments: