Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 12, 2014

riverfest race

Colin ran in his very first race this weekend, at the Wabash Riverfest.  He was beyond excited to take part in something that daddy does.  All week he's been eating his vegetables and "protein" so he could be "the fastest one in the race!"  We tried to temper those expectations, but look at this game face.  He was ready to go!  


 A little pre-race trash talk...  (he later referred to this kid as "the other guy with orange shoes")


Lining up at the starting line....


Note the relative size of his competitors.


The race was all the way across the bridge over the Wabash and back.  I was worried he couldn't run that far or would get bored / discouraged.  Yeah..  I was shocked when I saw him come flying back towards the finish line.  I mean, this kid is FAST!  He easily beat out tons of older kids!   (Mike ran with him to guard against meltdowns, etc).  Mike also ran a 5k that morning so they have matching shirts, but he wouldn't wear his for pictures for "some reason"...


Colin was so excited when he crossed the finish line. He told me "when I got out of breath, I just kept running and running!"

Afterwards we spent some time at the riverfest, where colin was thrilled to be the very first kid into the bounce house, we watched some canoe races, and we came across this balloon guy who enthralled both kids.


Colin's request was a little unusual - he wanted a sword and a belt to put it in.  The guy did it though! Later we saw another little girl walking around with the exact same thing.  What a trendsetter. 


I didn't get a picture of Colin's face running the race, but this glee at seeing the fountain was similar.


Charlotte was there too, promise. 


 What a fun day!  Colin is so proud to be a runner like daddy, and we all had a great time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go Colin! Just like his dad, Uncle Adam, Aunt Zoe and G (at one time). NOT Gr Kitty. I'm glad he had fun! GR LINDA