At the end of last week, Colin got some very exciting news. He was chosen to be "Star of the Week" in his classroom. I cannot emphasize to you how very, very important this achievement is in his class. Here is his plaque he brought home.
Star of the Week confers many benefits. A special chair, an "all about me" display in the classroom, and several other important perks which colin outlines in the below video.
So, on Sunday night, when we found out school was cancelled for Monday, I thought Colin would be thrilled at having another stay home day. Unfortunately, I forgot about Star of the Week, and my enthusiastic announcement about stay home day was met with a crumple to the floor and sobbing. The second cancelled day didn't go over any better. "I'm not going to get very many days to sit in my special chair!!" wailed Colin.
Thankfully, Colin has the best teacher ever, who went out of her way to send me an email letting me know that she felt awful about Colin's big week, and that she would make sure he got extra days the next week to make up for it. She also said that she's "never had a child work harder or be more excited" about being Star of the Week. Colin was so relieved when I told him about Ms. Mel's plan. What a special little star.


1 comment:
I wish I could be "Star of the Week" at work, sigh. Congrats to Colin, though! Kind of like pre-school honor roll. Gr Kitty
Post a Comment