Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, August 5, 2013

baby beer

Yesterday Colin enjoyed a major rite of passage.. his first baby root beer!


We actually still have a Dog and Suds drive in here in West Lafayette, and it's almost as good as the old A&W drive in of my youth.  I remember so distinctly sitting in the back of my dad's hatchback, the yellow lights glowing at night, and getting to drink my very own baby beer out of a tiny mug.  (I will confess I do still have one of those tiny mugs, thanks to a good friend and A&W employee who grabbed me one circa 1996 :)

Colin was a big fan.  Some traditions never get old.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But, is the baby beer free like it was at the A&W?

Now, I guess every time you drive past it, Colin will want to stop, like you did! Grandma Kitty

lia said...

close ... it's 15 cents!