After traveling for work the past few days, I was excited to get home to my boys. I wasn't sure how Colin would react since he tends to get mad at me when I leave for any length of time. After a few minutes of cold shoulder though, he was back to being my buddy and asking for cuddles and "mommy colin time" last night.
(mommy-colin time on vacation)
This little love fest was taken to a new level this morning, though, when we babysat our friends' 8-month old baby. Within 2 minutes of my picking her up, Colin began hanging on my legs, begging me to pick him up. When I sat down to give her a bottle he was right there begging for attention, trying to get in my lap, running around doing semi-dangerous / forbidden things while yelling "mommy! mommy! mama! mama! mommy!" non-stop. Then he turned his outrage on the baby, refusing to say hi to her, and taking back the toys that we were offering her. After she left, he told me how much he liked the baby, but he was "a little sad" when Mommy was holding her.
I now have an all-new set of things to worry about for when baby girl comes home in January....



No comments:
Post a Comment