Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Indy zoo

Just a few snapshots from our trip to the Indy zoo sunday morning.  We were too busy chasing our little man (who refused to ride in the stroller) to take more pictures! 


Checking out elephants (though he seemed more excited by the waterfall)


Aw, a baby!


So we walked up to this cheetah, and he growled and snapped at us, and swatted his paw!  Whenever we leaned closer, he would growl and give us that Truman-I'm-going-to-eat-you stare.  It was kind of disconcerting seeing a big cat eyeing my little guy like a snack, apart from the extreme fencing separating us.  Ever since, Colin has been telling us, "Cheetahs are scary."  Exactly the lesson I was hoping to achieve at the zoo.


We then went to see some more civilized mammals in the dolphin bubble.  This is my favorite part of the Indy zoo - an underwater glass bubble that allows the dolphins to swim around and over you.  Colin was a big fan (though I couldn't catch any dolphins on camera)



No comments: