Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 16, 2011

day at the orchard

In my never-ending quest to embrace everything Fall, on Saturday afternoon we took Colin to the apple orchard and pumpkin patch.

Colin's favorite part was the two dogs that live there. As it turns out, I know one of the owners of the apple farm (The headless farmer below). He asked if Colin would like to pet the dogs. I said, "oh probably not, he gets scared up close."

So Colin immediately ran up and started petting the dogs and telling them about their tails.


Then they asked if he'd like to go on a haywagon ride. I said, "oh, I don't know if he'd put up with that or not..." So we asked him and got an immediate "YES! Tractor!!" So off we went.


It was a perfect day for a hayride.. other than the 50 mph winds.


So we headed out to the pumpkin patch, where Colin began to scream, "APPLES!" Close, buddy. The dogs came on the wagon with us. I honestly believe this may have been the highlight of Colin's life. We've been hearing about it for two days now. "Puppies! Ride! Tractor!"



I had visions of getting cute pictures of Colin frolicking in a pumpkin patch. This is what I got.



The older farmer and Colin had a sweet moment when he gave him a squash to keep. Sadly, Colin dropped it on the hayride back and the sweet sweet puppy ATE IT.


Did I mention it was very windy?


Colin loved the tractor wheels and spent lots of time playing in them. This was an old old John Deere tractor that we liked to think maybe Grandpa Louie helped build.


So after buying a ton of apples and a pumpkin, we headed home. Colin helped find the perfect place to put the pumpkin on our porch.


My pumpkins.





No comments: