Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

hot time, summer in the city

We spent a very, very hot, but very fun weekend in Edwardsville/St. Louis this past weekend.


Colin got to experience the joys of Hardee's breakfast and Kaldi's in the park by mom's old apartment.


Well, Colin got a biscuit. I didn't let him have any Kaldi's.



Then we ventured across the street to the Zoo, where Colin wanted to get up close and personal with the penguins.. as in, he tried to jump into the penguin pool.


He got some face time with a hippo as well.




He got to spend some time with Aunt Zoe, who came bearing gifts - including a giant red ball. That was a hit. He spent the ride home pointing to it in the trunk and yelling BALL.


I spent Saturday afternoon at the ballpark with Erin, celebrating her upcoming wedding and trying not to die of heat exhaustion. Cards win!


Colin got in three different parks with his G. He loved the slides at Miner park!


He even had his first sandbox experience there. I know what we're going to be buying soon.


Colin also had his first trip to Bobby's (I missed that, but I hear that his first bite of Strawanna got an "Mmmmm!" - that's my boy!), his first swim at Ginger Creek pool with Dad and Grandma, he got to terrorize the cats (this time with the advantage of being able to run after them), and he seemed to remember the Grandparents from their last visit and wasn't shy at all this time. A great weekend! Lots of pics are here: http://tinyurl.com/679rmy6

No comments: