A couple more videos of our stinker.. this is pretty much what we did all weekend... chasing him around the house with his dino...
and playing peek-a-boo with the bathroom door. He's obsessed with hanging out in this bathroom. He likes to bust through the door when anyone's in there too... sort of like a little furry friend of ours used to do... hm.
The other (unwelcome) development of the weekend is that our perfect little eater, championed by his teachers as "the best eater in the class" (seriously) has decided he doesn't like vegetables. At all. Even when covered in hummus or cheese. Today, I mixed broccoli into his ravioli and sauce, and he still managed to spit out each piece of broccoli that entered his mouth. Yesterday, he picked out all his green beans and carrots and threw them on the floor, one at a time. I have so many questions. Isn't it a little early for picky eating to arise? How does he even know they are vegetables? Doesn't he know he's half vegetarian? And most importantly, how do I get him to eat them again? Any moms with experience getting a kid to eat vegetables would be welcome to contact me.. you know who you are...
*minor update: for dinner, he scarfed down some squash that I sauteed for him, but spit out his stir-fry tofu. So, it may be that someone has learned how to spit, more than anything. Awesome.


2 comments:
I think it just comes and goes in phases. Last night, Nolan had no interest in his carrots, but tonight he ate them. Just depends on the mood....just keep trying...eventually he'll like them again.
Yeah, I'm not sure there's any reasoning behind Ellie's love or hate of food we put before her anymore... I do wonder if teething plays a role in what they're willing to gum up. You might try softer veggies like peas or corn. Those are Ellie's faves *for now*
Btw, such a cute video!
Post a Comment