Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, November 12, 2010

dinner out: more fun that it looks

Last night, Mike picked Colin up from daycare and then swung by my office so we could have a family dinner at Moe's. We haven't taken Colin out to eat for, oh, about 6 months. I will admit, I've been afraid at how he would do, given that he seems to think being put in a high chair is equivalent to waterboarding, and he has a penchant for throwing food and yelling when he's done eating. But, he did great! He scarfed down way more food than he does at home... gorging himself on beans, tofu, cheese, olives, mushrooms and rice. I was shocked! And, being my child, he picked out all the beans/tofu that had sour cream and cheese on them and ate those first :)


This is when he was making eyes at the baby at the next table. At one point they were both waving their sippies in the air in some sort of solidarity gesture.


Worst picture ever taken of my two boys, but I didnt' want to be "that mom", obviously taking and retaking pictures in a fastfood establishment. I promise, it was actually fun and painless, and made me feel much better about getting out for some family meals.

2 comments:

Jeni said...

I took Nolan to the cupcakery yesterday for his afternoon snack. He just got a small cookie..well, he finished before I did..and he wanted another...I wasn't going to give him one, so I packed my stuff up and then he proceeded to throw a temper tantrum on the floor...I was soooooooooooooo embarrassed. I had to carry him out of there screaming.

lia said...

Oh no! I am so afraid of that happening! They are so unpredictable!! And LOUD! We specifically went to Moe's b/c it's usually so loud in there, I figured it would drown out any of his yelling :)