For a short week, this one has really sucked. But we're ending it on a better note than how it began.
This morning at daycare, I was talking with another mom whose daughter is about Colin's age. She was pushing up to stand on the foam border around their playmat. I commented on it and how Colin just started to crawl this week (Oh. Right. You guys, he started to crawl this week! It's hilarious and adorable. I'll get a video this weekend!). Then the mom says, "Oh, I saw Colin push up to stand yesterday." I would also mention that everyone in the building, including this random mom, seems to know Colin's name. This kid knows more people than we do. Anyway, nothing like a random stranger knowing about your kid's milestones before you do.
So as I'm standing there feeling sorry for myself that I didn't see it, and also wondering if she's just crazy, I watch as Colin goes and pulls himself up to standing on the playmat! He was all, "Oh, you wanted to see me do this? Its no big deal mom... if this bald chick can do it, so can I." Our little guy is officially mobile. This weekend will involve lowering the crib mattress and babyproofing. And of course, trying to get his new tricks on video. TGIF!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment