Last week, I got a call from daycare that Colin had a mild fever and wasn't feeling well. I went to get him and he had a rash on his face and neck, fever, congestion, and just looked generally miserable. I felt so bad for the little guy. He seemed better on Friday so we sent him back to school,but by 4 pm he was a wreck again. All weekend he was extremely fussy, and just when I thought he'd be getting better, he got worse. I started to suspect his congestion had led to an ear infection because although he seemed hungry and would eat his oatmeal, he refused to eat from a bottle, and he wouldn't lay down flat - he would only sleep if we were holding him. (that led to Mike and me each getting about 3 hours of sleep saturday and sunday nights - some restful weekend that was!). His fever wasn't going away, either. So, this morning, we headed off to the pedi, who took one look at Colin's ears and reported he has a double ear infection. No wonder he was so miserable! His ears were bad enough that she prescribed amoxicillan and also some drops for his gooey eyes. Hopefully this will work quickly and he'll be back to normal soon. I miss my sweet and happy little guy. And also, sleep.
One whiff of that "bubblegum medicine" and I had major deja vu to gradeschool, staying home and laying my ear on a heating pad all day. Mike of course swears he's never had an ear infection and had never heard of the bubblegum medicine. (If that's true, I hope Colin gets his immune system and not mine!) Anyway, I laughed at our fridge - Colin and mom/dad's mixers all lined up on the shelf.

So, I'll spend the rest of the afternoon holding my little guy and hoping he gets better soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment