Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Hats!

Last night we headed out for Colin's big musical debut - the kindergarten musical production of "Hats!"




Back when they began rehearsals, Colin's teacher sent home a form asking the parents to respond if their child wanted one of the limited number of speaking parts.  After talking it over with Colin, I responded that he wasn't interested.  Imagine his "delight" when he received one anyway.  BUT, after weeks of rehearsal, we were thrilled to watch our little guy come up, take his turn at the microphone (!) and perfectly execute his line:

Oh my goodness, look at that.  Where did you get that magnificent hat?

(no pictures, I was (nervously) enjoying the moment).

Here he is in the front row (between the two girls with pink hats) with the other 99 GCE kindergarteners....



They performed songs and dances and though he may have inherited his dad's dance moves/rhythm I could tell he worked hard to learn all the words and sign along.  We were all so proud to watch him!


No comments: