Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, May 18, 2015

trip to the gardens!

After a jam-packed birthday weekend of fun, we were prepared for a lazy rainy Sunday afternoon to recover.  However, the forecasters really blew that one and we found ourselves with a warm sunny day and two kids who desperately wanted out of the house.  So we decided to go check out the gardens at SIUE, which I had heard great things about from my friends.  They were not wrong!  

We went for a long walk/bike ride through the woods and discovered this beautiful pagoda overlooking the lake.  This would be my kids dashing back and forth to throw pinecones in the water.  I don't know.



Pine straw!  I had to breathe deep and pretend I was back in North Carolina.


Look closely and see Colin trying to give me a heart attack by leaning over the bridge.


What is everyone looking at?!




Turtles!   Too many to count, though Charlotte certainly tried...


What a fun little impromptu afternoon.


No comments: