I took Colin to the dentist for the first time today! He had gone and sat on dad's lap once before and let the dentist peek in his mouth, but this was his first solo big boy trip. He did great!
We go to the most awesome dentist in the world. Example: when I was in for a cleaning last week, our hygienist Lindsay let me borrow one of their kids' books to read to Colin to get him ready for his appointment today. I think it really helped him know what to expect. Of course, some last minute jitters resulted in him donning his monkey suit, which always helps with the nerves.
Cutest monkey at the dentist ever!
He was all about the "special chair" and kept asking for another ride on it. He had the whole office cracking up!
The light was a little bright, but no worries.. Supermonkey brought his shades.
Miss Lindsay was SO good with him, explaining everything she was doing and he had a blast while she was "tickling" his teeth. By far, his favorite was the mouth-sucker (I don't know the name. The thing that dries your mouth so you don't have to do the lean-and-spit like we did back in the '80s?) Anyway, he was all about that thing!
The best news of the trip: No cavities! As he has been announcing all morning, he has "twenty healthy teeth!" He even gave Dr. Evans a hug at the end of the visit! I'm so proud of how well he did, and of his healthy little teeth!!


No comments:
Post a Comment