One big stumbling block has been the wall decor - I want to hang up initials and buy cute prints with her name on it ... but we don't have one yet. I think I definitely jinxed us when I was pregnant with Colin and said, "girl names are so much easier!" I'm not sure what I was thinking. I don't like the girl names we liked 3 years ago. Everything seems either way too common, doesn't go with our last name/Colin's name, we can't agree on it, or it has been disqualified for some other reason. It's really hard because we were both so in love with the name Colin right away.. obviously it won't be the same this time around. We have some semi-finalists, but who knows what we'll settle on by the time she's here. For now, The Baby Sister seems to have stuck, so that's what we're going with. At least if she's nameless, she has a place to sleep now.
Sunday, December 2, 2012
sneak peek / name game
We are slowly making progress on the nursery front... still have a lot to do, but at least the basics are in the room now! It's turned into Colin's favorite play place. Hopefully we will have bought a new house by the time he figures out her room is twice the size of his...
One big stumbling block has been the wall decor - I want to hang up initials and buy cute prints with her name on it ... but we don't have one yet. I think I definitely jinxed us when I was pregnant with Colin and said, "girl names are so much easier!" I'm not sure what I was thinking. I don't like the girl names we liked 3 years ago. Everything seems either way too common, doesn't go with our last name/Colin's name, we can't agree on it, or it has been disqualified for some other reason. It's really hard because we were both so in love with the name Colin right away.. obviously it won't be the same this time around. We have some semi-finalists, but who knows what we'll settle on by the time she's here. For now, The Baby Sister seems to have stuck, so that's what we're going with. At least if she's nameless, she has a place to sleep now.
One big stumbling block has been the wall decor - I want to hang up initials and buy cute prints with her name on it ... but we don't have one yet. I think I definitely jinxed us when I was pregnant with Colin and said, "girl names are so much easier!" I'm not sure what I was thinking. I don't like the girl names we liked 3 years ago. Everything seems either way too common, doesn't go with our last name/Colin's name, we can't agree on it, or it has been disqualified for some other reason. It's really hard because we were both so in love with the name Colin right away.. obviously it won't be the same this time around. We have some semi-finalists, but who knows what we'll settle on by the time she's here. For now, The Baby Sister seems to have stuck, so that's what we're going with. At least if she's nameless, she has a place to sleep now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment