Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, May 7, 2012

colin & jack!

The day Lynn and I have been waiting for for like 15 years finally arrived on Saturday - we got our little mini-twins together for a play day! We are all SO excited by their new proximity to us in Chicago and can't wait for these guys to grow up together!  


having a little fruit squeezy time.  Lynn and I looked over and they were having some sort of gibberish conversation amongst themselves.  Adorable!


Jack's arrival meant breaking out some old toys we haven't seen in awhile.  I was a little worried how well Colin would share, but he did great!  I don't know if its the age difference or what, but there was none of the "MINES" tantrums that usually erupt when Colin plays with other two year olds.  As he kept telling me, "Jack is just a baby."  Ha!

So then we headed to the park for some fun...


It's been awhile since someone asked me and Lynn if we are twins.. but these two could totally be brothers. There was a lot of unruly blonde in our foursome :)


Peekaboo!


Aw!  And yes, my kid is almost the same size as Jack, who is 1.5 years younger than him. They wear the same size pants. My peanut.



We'll just entitle this one, "bad influence." 


Speaking of influence, we have been trying to get Colin to swing at the park for over two years now and he screams his head off and refuses.  He saw Jack doing it, and he actually requested to get in the swing!  I couldn't believe it.  He was laughing, smiling, having a blast!  I dug in my bag to get a camera b/c I knew Mike wouldn't believe me!  


And then the tornado sirens went off.
(which he is terrified of) (it was just a test.  I'm not that bad of a mother to take him to the park in a tornado).
But seriously?  It takes him two years to get in a swing, and then the tornado sirens go off?!  He'll never swing again!  Every time you ask him about swinging now, he starts talking about the sirens.  What are the chances?!


Colin: Get me out of this death trap mom!!
Jack: What's your problem dude?  I'm from Kansas, this happens every day. 

Following that trauma, we all took a nap.  Then the boys followed in their mothers' footsteps with a post-nap trip to Target.  It just felt right. 


And then some sandbox time. 


It was so much fun seeing the boys play together!  Colin asked me 537 times yesterday where Jack went, so I think he had a great time with his new friend. We can't wait for lots more fun this summer and beyond!

No comments: