Such a big boy!!!
Although we haven't been to the pedi since he was 6 months, we can tell he's gotten a lot heavier and a lot taller recently. He's changing every day now, it seems. 8 month accomplishments include:
- Trying out new sounds and voices. This weekend it's whispering, which I enjoy much more than the growling/screeching phase.
- Trying SO hard to crawl. He rocks back and forth and sometimes lunges forward in a bunny-hop. He's very mobile in terms of turning himself and rolling- he's been banned from the playmat at daycare because he escapes! He also LOVES standing and has been trying to pull up on us and the ottman.
- He's eating solids 3 times a day now and is on to 2nd stage foods, including mixed fruits/veggies and yogurt. He has tried the baby puffs a few times but doesn't seem to like the texture yet. He is also very interested in our foods and will try to steal anything that you're eating.
- He also loves water - his little pool or his bath. He's learned to splash in the bath and has a great time in there.
One accomplishment that's still not on the list: teeth. WHERE ARE THEY, SERIOUSLY. This has been going on for months now! I feel like we have to be getting close.. he's got a bad drool rash right now and pretty much every classic teething symptom there is - but still no sign of teeth. I've always been slow with my teeth (although I had my first teeth by now), and Mike's teeth were reportedly very slow in coming in as well ... so I guess that's where he gets it. But really, at this point, I halfway expect one morning for him to open his mouth and see all four of the front teeth have come in.
Anyway, just a laid back Saturday today. We spent the morning at the farmer's market, listening to some good music and doing some shopping. We got lots of local veggies and fruits, so hopefully we can give him a taste of some of those today. Happy 8 month birthday Colin! (A few more 8 month pics are at: www.tinyurl.com/colin8months).


No comments:
Post a Comment