
We had our big ultrasound on June 16. I was so nervous and excited. I was so nervous about the baby being healthy that finding out what it was was kind of an afterthought. I was also assuming it was a girl. EVERYONE other than Mike and Zoe thought it was a girl. All the old wives' tales (morning sickness, high heart rate, etc) pointed to a girl.
So when we got to the ultrasound, the technician started pointing out the baby's head, brain, heart, spine, bladder.. Mike sat next to me and I could tell he was getting impatient.. just get to the good stuff!! Finally, she said, "I see a little protrusion here.. It's a boy!" My first words were, "Are you sure?!" As she was typing the words, "it's a boy!!!!" on the screen, I was so confused. Mike started asking her what her success rate was.. but he couldn't stop grinning.
Afterwards we went out for breakfast and called everyone to tell them a little boy was on the way. I couldn't believe it at the time, but we could not be happier.


No comments:
Post a Comment